OVH has launched a new VPS platform based on Docker and OpenStack, all powered by newly IBM’s POWER8 chips. This platform is called RunAbove(.com). You may give it a spin, they periodically offer coupons for tryouts.
Here’s an affiliate link which will load you with 10$: http://runabove.me/E9XH
Now onto our problem: you cannot change the SSH port in a fashion way, through /etc/ssh/sshd_config. You MUST first:
• Login into your RunAbove account
• Click on your name (upper right corner)
• Select Expert Mode
• Don’t lose your head into details, just go to Access & Security (on the left)
• Edit Rules for your default security group
• Add Rule (upper right corner)
- Rule: Custom TCP
- Direction: Ingress
- Open Port: Port
- Port: here you’ll input your desired nonstandard SSH port, >1024
- Remote: select CIDR with 0.0.0.0/0 if you have 1 instance (VPS), otherwise go with Security Group: default (applies to all instances created under your account)
• Now edit your sshd_config file and enter the port above into your config file. Reload service and enjoy.
PS: If you screw up the login and find yourself locked out of your box(es), from the Expert Panel check the Console tab (click on your instance’s name).